Monday, 11 January 2016

Finishing some WiPs

In 2015 I used up just over 11 kilos of yarn.  However, on Saturday I went through all of my cupboards and other hide-holes, and discovered that my stash currently weighs just over 20 kilos.  There is therefore an urgent need to get knitting and crocheting!

I have managed to finish a couple of items that were started last year.


This is one of the 3 jumpers that I had already started, and now that it is complete it counts as my first of twelve boy's jumpers for this year.


This was a preemie blanket that I kept to knit when I was on journeys in the car.  It is knitted in 4 ply on 3.75 needles.  The side edges looked a bit uneven, so I added a row of double crochet and then a shell border.  It looks much better with a border.


This was a very quick knit to use up some chunky yarn that I found remaindered in my local yarn shop.  We have been told by Operation Orphan that teenage boys like to have black beanies, so this one, knitted in 2x rib, should suit.  There is enough yarn to make at least 2 more in the 200 g that I bought.  That makes hat #2 of 52.

I also crocheted a girl's hat using some 100% wool that was donated.  I like the look of the hat, but can't decide how to finish it off.  I have a large, shiny button that would look good as an embellishment, or else I could make a flower or a bow.  I'm tending towards a large and colourful flower, but I'm still undecided.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yarning Away. Please leave a comment if you enjoyed reading a post, I'd love to hear from you!