Warm weather makes crocheting full size blankets a bit of a challenge, so I have put the current aran monster to one side. It is roughly 30 inches by 58 inches at the moment, and I'm aiming to get it about another 12 -15 inches bigger all round.
We did have a few cooler days at the start of July, which meant I was able to finish off the other aran blanket; it was a corner-to-corner, made with 2 strands of coned yarn. I do like the stripe design of this one, and will be going through my remaining cones to see whether I can plan another.
But on to the smaller things that have been finished; firstly the fingerless gloves: 3 pairs in 3 different sizes, all made from the same pattern, and using different combinations of coned yarn.
And then the baby blanket made from 4 ply. I pondered for quite a while over the layout of this blanket, sorted one out, and then sewed it up completely differently by mistake! Never mind, it looks fine as it is and at 33 inches square will keep a baby cosy and warm.
Next will be another baby blanket, this time for a family member; my niece is expecting a baby boy in October, and as their family surname is MacLeod, I had the rash idea of making a tartan blanket for him in the clan tartan. I have ordered the wool, but will have to make the pattern up as I go. Watch this space!