Tuesday, 14 March 2017

Hot off the hook

This morning at my knitting group I finished off blanket number 6 for this year.  Every other Tuesday a small group of us meet up to knit, natter, drink coffee and eat cake provided by Carole, whose Guest House we meet in.

The others all knit, but sometimes I crochet, and this morning I was able to finish off my very colourful lap blanket.


It was made using a pattern called Twilight Shells, which I found via Ravelry.
Altogether there are twelve different colours of double knitting yarn, using 3 different shades of purple, orange, green and blue.  The main part came up a little smaller in width than I had expected, so I plumped for a wide border.  There are 12 rows of half trebles, which give the blanket a nice solid edge.  I tried doing a final row of shells around the outside of the border, but I wasn't sure about them.  The consensus of the knitting group was that a plain edge was the better option, so the shells were pulled out.



This one will be going to Chemogiftbags, to be donated to someone undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer.

1 comment:

  1. I like the warm colours in this blanket. It's amazing that that is number 6!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yarning Away. Please leave a comment if you enjoyed reading a post, I'd love to hear from you!